September 25, 2010

The last glance

The sky was saddened with a shade of ash as I bade them my last goodbye. Tears upon eyes but I am unable to shed as I preferred to be strong. The sudden flash of the memories I spent with them were captured in my eyes. A final glance at my home where I spent my most memorable times was going to be someone else’. As I gazed at the beauty of Khairi for a moment I thought, “Is this my last stay? Will my forthcoming people be as wonderful and caring as they are?” My luggages were boarded on the truck and therefore I am ready to go. Leaving behind all such remarkable people and environment which I shall never see again.
A view at Khairi (located in Himachal Pradesh) from where my room was

last moon
in the sky of Khairi
shedding tears

(My first attempt to Haibun  for Big Tent Poetry)

Post a Comment